LETU Bus Driver
Posted 3 years ago
LeTourneau University offers year-round transportation for our students, including daily transit from our Longview campuses, and some summer, evening, and weekend trips. Primary role of candidate is as a driver while school is in session.
Candidate must have the ability to:
- Transport students to and from the university, following a preplanned route according to a specified time schedule
- Conduct daily routine safety inspections and report all findings to Fleet Services Coordinator
- Inspect and adjust engine fluid levels and fuel the bus, in addition to other aspects of a regular maintenance schedule
- Keep interior and exterior of the buses clean on a daily basis
- Maintain required transportation record and report any traffic violations and/or accidents during working hours to supervisor and proper authorities
- Operate bus in a safe manner that complies with state and local law and in a manner that demonstrates Christian care and principle at all times
- Assist passengers in the operation of heating and ventilation equipment on the bus
- Assume responsibility for the safety of passengers upon boarding and exiting the bus at their destination, aid passengers with luggage, and answer questions regarding bus service
- Perform assigned duties with frequent time pressures and in a sometimes disruptive environment
- Attend/participate in safety and training meetings
- Demonstrate professional and positive attitude/demeanor at all times
Maintain a valid fully unrestricted Commercial Drivers License CDL Class “B” with Airbrake and Passenger endorsements
High School diploma or GED
Must be 21 Years of age
Minimum of one (1) year of commercial driving experience
Good driving record with no DUI or convictions
Able to maintain a D.O.T. physical.
Ability to carry an object up to 75 pounds, bend and twist frequently, and work in inclement weather conditions
Must pass a drug test and will be placed in a pool for random substance abuse testing
LeTourneau University seeks a person with an enthusiastic and contagious Christian faith who is committed to Christian higher education that integrates Christian faith with learning.
DATE POSITION IS AVAILABLE: Immediately
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION OR NOMINATION:
Applications will be reviewed in the order received and will continue until the position is filled. In accordance with applicable provisions of federal law, applicants for employment who are in agreement with the educational mission of LeTourneau University and applicants for admission to educational programs or activities are considered without discrimination on the basis of race, age, sex, handicapping condition, national origin or genetic information. Inquiries about this policy should be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (903) 233-4170.
Applications are required and are available from www.letu.edu/jobs or from the Business Office, LeTourneau University, 2100 Mobberly Avenue, Longview, TX. Send completed application, and a current resume to:
ATTN: Human Resources
P.O. Box 7001
Longview, Texas 75607-7001
FAX (903) 233-4103
E-mail address: [email protected]